Sister J. Dolores Brunner (1920 - 2012)
Sister Laura Lampe (1899-1996)
This is the telegram sent by President Kennedy to Sister Augustine inviting her to the White House meeting on June 19, 1963.
This is a page from the program for the special institute.
Loretto Hall (now Austin Hall) as it looked after opening in 1965. It was the first west-facing building on campus.
This is an aerial view of the construction site for the Nursing Education Building (now Christopher Hall)
This is a photo of people filing into Christopher Hall via the old east entrance to the building for the building dedication ceremony.
Alverno's First Lay Board of Trustees (from Left to Right): Sister Samuel Nalefski, Sister Maureen Hartnett, Dr. Barbara Ramusack, Dr. Robert Byrnes, Mr. John Sisk, Sister Joel Read, Mr. Frank Zeidler, Dr. Kathryn F. Clarenbach (Chairperson of the Board), Sister Augustine Scheele (Alverno College President), Judge Leo Hanley, Father William LaDue, Dr. Edward Bachhuber, Sister Francis Borgia Rothluebber (President of the School Sisters of St. Francis)
Sister Augustine Scheele
This is the formal announcement for the appointment of Sister Joel Read as Acting President of Alverno College
Sister Joel Read (1925 - 2017)