Originally when Alverno opened in its current location, nursing laboratory rooms such as the one pictured below were located on the north end of the first floor of Founders Hall.
This photo was taken around 1953.
Later after Christopher Hall opened in 1967, nursing simulation rooms such as this one were used. Just prior to the opening of Alexia Hall there was a nursing simulation laboratory suite on the third floor.
This picture is from 1977.
Today Alexia Hall provides nursing students with five state of the art clinical simulation rooms to enhance nursing skills, technique, and learning. There are observation units for the simulation rooms so faculty can give students immediate feedback and suggestions. These are located on the first floor. Below are three photos taken of those labs.
The Art & Cultures Gallery found on the ground floor of Alexia Hall used to be located on the first floor of Founders Hall where FO 148 sits today. This photo from 1977 shows a retrospective exhibit of the art of Sister Helena Steffens-meier in the old Art & Cultures Gallery.
Here are some photos of the new light-filled gallery.
The Dance Studio, which is also located on the ground level of Alexia Hall, used to be found on first floor of Christopher Hall.
Here is today's bright and airy dance studio.