The Library's entrance has moved up and down the hall and its look has changed too.
Here it is in 1955
Here is the entrance in 1993 when it was called the Library Media Center.
It looks very different today.
Here is an aerial shot of the Reading Room as it looked in the early 1970's.
Here is that same view today.
In the 1950's this space was a speech classroom.
Later the Library's Fine Arts Lab or FAL occupied this space.
It was home to art slides, music scores, vinyl records and audiovisual equipment.
Today it is a well-used computer classroom and lab.
This is how the chapel looked when it was dedicated in April 1954.
The chapel was remodeled to conform with new liturgical regulations
after Vatican II as described in this May 18, 1965 Alverno Campus News
article. The article did not use the correct name for the Chapel; it
is the Chapel of Mary Immaculate.
Here is the chapel as it looks today.
The President's office was a rather spartan, austere space back in the 1950's.
Today the President's Office is spacious and welcoming.
Two other offices formerly found on the 2nd Floor of Founders Hall were the Registrar's Office
and the Business Office. Both offices moved to the first floor after the 2014-2015
Promise and Power renovation project.
The Registrar's Office was located where Advancement can be found today.
This is a view is from 1954.
Here's how it looked in 1979.
The Human Resources Office is located where the Business Office once was.
This photo of it is from 1954.
You might not have noticed while racing past the Atrium enroute to or from the
Sister Joel Read Center that this space used to be outside. Look carefully to
see what was formerly an external wall. The Atrium was created when the Read
Center was constructed between 1997 and 1999 in order to connect it to
Founders Hall on the second floor.